Receiving Food Assistance
Monday 1 PM - 6 PM
Tuesday & Thursday 10:30 AM - 2 PM
Wednesday 1 PM - 4 PM
Friday 9 AM - 12 PM Saturday 9 AM - 11 AM
What to Bring
- Any form of photo ID
- A utility bill or copy of the lease with the household's current address*
- One form of ID for each member of the household (this can include social security cards, birth certificates, school IDs, insurance cards, paperwork from school, etc.)
*Don't have one of these? Instead of a bill or lease, a note with the current address from a landlord or homeowner which has been notarized may be accepted instead.
In the case of homelessness simply notify the person doing intake of the current situation.
How it Works
Food Resource hours change every day but sign-in always begins at 9 AM. You may sign in any time between 9 AM and the time the pantry closes. If you prefer to sign in early, leave, and return when it opens, you are welcome to do so.
When you sign in you will receive a ticket number, a grocery list, and a return card.
- The ticket number indicates where in line you are and when you will be able to get your groceries. The sign with the red number next to the FRC entrance shows where in order the cue is at.
- The grocery list shows which items you will be able to choose from when you enter the shopping floor. Please pay attention to this list while you are picking out your foods.
- The return card is a reminder for the next time you can receive assistance. You will be able to receive groceries
Staff will begin calling ticket numbers when the Food Resource Center opens, during the hours listed above. As long as you have signed in before the FRC closes, you will be able to "shop" even if you miss when your number is called.
However if you arrive late, after the FRC is closed, you will not be served that day.
If you sign in and realize you will not be able to receive your groceries, you need to inform staff the DAY OF, otherwise it will be recorded that you were served and you will still need to wait 30 days.
If you have any questions during the shopping process, feel free to ask a volunteer or staff member. Anyone wearing a sticker or badge will be able to assist!
You are only allowed to visit one Food Resource Center for assistance. Others include the Moore Food Resource Center, Reaching Our City (or ROC), Urban Mission, and City Rescue. Note: If you qualify for one of these other FRCs and live in the area they serve, we encourage you to visit their facilities for food. However, if Skyline is more convenient, it must be the only FRC you visit.
When you Visit
Please be kind and respectful to staff, volunteers, and fellow patrons.
Above all, we are here to help. There is no need to feel nervous or guilty. As long as you treat everyone with respect, we at Skyline will be able to serve you to the best of our ability.