The Clothing Closet is located at the Skyline Urban Ministry, 500 SE 15th, 405-632-2644.
Free Clothing Available
Those in need of clothing may visit the closet at 9 a.m. on Tuesday or Thursday for free clothing. A referral from a school counselor, church staff, or helping agency personnel on the official letterhead of the referring agency is needed. ID is required for each family member and all items are free of charge. Families may shop for 10 items of clothing and one pair of shoes per person in the family up to three time per year.
Clothing “Store” Hours
The Clothing Closet is open to the public on M-F from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m for those who wish to shop without a referral. We ask for a donation of 50 cents per piece for most items. The money raised from these donations goes to fund Skyline services to those in need and offers dignity to those who would like to contribute something as individuals are welcome to donate what they are able to afford or want to give more than that.
How You Can Help!
What we need:
- Good used clothing in all sizes (no holes, or repairs or cleaning needed.)
- We get a lot of requests for solid black tennis shoes(men and women) and steel-toed boots. Many fast food workers are required to wear black shoes.
- Linens, sheets, pillow cases, towels, wash cloths
- Pots and pans, dishes, cooking utensils.
- Toiletries: Toothbrushes, tooth paste, deodorant, shampoo, rinse, etc.
- Diapers and wet wipes. Also adult diapers, wheelchairs and walkers.
- Laundry soap & household cleaning supplies
- “Shoppers” at our Clothing “Store” since we receive more clothes than we can give away and such donations fund our services!