The Skyline Food Pantry operates as a “choice pantry” whereby the clients can select their own foods, based on their family size and food preferences. The Food Pantry serves as a “model choice pantry” and many similar organizations have toured our pantry to see how it works. In the first three months of 2014 we have seen the demand for our services increase more than 75% from the previous year with the over 18,000 individuals served in previous years projected to increase to nearly 30,000 – over half are children! For more information on hunger in Oklahoma and our country, please visit these websites:
1. Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma: http://www.regionalfoodbank.org/About-Food-Bank/Hunger-In-Oklahoma
2. Hunger in Oklahoma: http://www.hungerinoklahoma.org/index.html
3. Feeding America: http://feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america.aspx
Skyline Food Pantry is located at 701 N.W. 8th Street.
Phone number is 405 236-5212.
The Food Pantry is open Monday – Friday (except on holidays)
How to get help:
- Families can be served up to six times per year.
- A picture I.D. is required, and some form of ID is needed for each person in the household.
- Clients must be in line by 12:30 to be served.
- A satellite food pantry also serves the community at Lambuth United Methodist Church in Oklahoma City. Hours of operation are Wednesdays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
CURRENT SHORTAGES:Canned Meats, Canned Fruit,
Canned Soup, Peanut Butter, Dry Beans, and Dried Milk
GROCERY SACKS: Please save and donate your plastic grocery sacks.