Clothes 4 Kids
Each year, Skyline Urban Ministry provides two pairs of pants, two shirts, shoes, socks, and underwear to children in need for the upcoming school year. All items are brand new because we believe that every child should feel confident on their first day of school! This program would not be possible without all of the generous donations from churches and businesses throughout the state of Oklahoma. Special thanks to all those that donate their money and time!
If You Need Assistance:
- Contact Skyline at (405)632-2644 Monday-Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm
- Parents may begin calling Mid-May to set up a registration appointment for June
- Must show proof of identification, each child’s birth certificates, proof of income, and proof of residency
- Must bring a referral from either the child’s school, a church, or another social service agency
- It is beneficial to bring the child’s school’s dress code policy to help us order the correct uniform colors.
How You Can Help! Volunteer!
If you would like to volunteer contact Skyline at (405)632-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description:Volunteers interview parents and complete intake forms to determine clothing and shoe sizes needed for ordering inventory in June Mon & Wed from 1:00pm-4:00pm and Tues – Thurs 9:00am-12:00pm or 1:00pm-4pm.
Job Description:Volunteers take child to select & try on shoes & uniforms to ensure a proper fit in July Mon thru Fri from 8:30am-12pm or 12:30pm-4pm.
Or Consider These Group Project Ideas for Anytime!
- Encourage your church or small group to host an “Undie Sunday”, “Sock-It-To-Me Sunday”, or “School Supply Sunday” to collect underwear (dark colors), socks, zip-lock bags or school supplies for Clothes 4 Kids
- Gather socks or undies and a group of friends to sort sock & undies into stacks of three pair of the same size.
- Put each stack into a zip lock bag. Label with size and gender. Help stock the shelves before June volunteers arrive.
- Donations may be dropped off at 500 SE 15th Street, Monday-Friday from 9am-3pm
- Make a monetary donation to help purchase new uniforms, underwear, socks, and shoes.
- We are only able to serve as many children as we have donations, so all monetary donations are appreciated!
- Donations may be made online, dropped off, or mailed to 500 SE 15th Street, Oklahoma City, 73129