Each Year Skyline Urban Ministry provides Christmas gifts to families in need by pairing them with groups that purchase the gifts for the families. Those families in need that are not paired up with an adopter are placed on our Christmas Store list where the parent’s can come in and pick out gifts for their children. Though Christmas isn’t all about the gifts, we believe each child deserves to have a very Merry Christmas and should not have to miss out due to their parent’s financial difficulties. The number of families we serve depends solely on the number of families individuals and groups are willing to adopt. So thank you to all that help make Christmas special for these families in need!
How You Can Help:
- You, your small group, or your church can adopt a family or multiple families to purchase gifts for.
- You are able to pick how many families, what size of family, and what kind of gift requests you would like to adopt.
- We encourage you to let us know in September or early October if you would like to adopt a family so that we can match you up with one and send you their wish lists.
- If you would like to adopt a family or multiple families, contact Melissa Ramey at (405)632-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Encourage your small group and church to host a toy drive to collect brand new toys for our Christmas Store.
- We need toys for boys and girls of all ages.
- We need gifts for teenage boys and girls.
- Donated toys and gifts may be dropped off at 500 SE 15th Street Monday-Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm.
- Make a monetary donation that will be used to purchase new toys and gifts for our Christmas Store.
- Donations can be dropped off or mailed to 500 SE 15th Street, Oklahoma City, 73129.
If You Need Assistance:
- Contact Melissa Ramey at (405)632-2644.
- Parents may begin calling Sepetember 22nd, 2014 to set up a registration appointment.
- Must show proof of identifications, each child’s birth certificate, proof of income, and proof of residency.
- Must bring a referral from either the child’s school, a church, or another social service agency.
- It is beneficial to have the wishlists, clothing sizes, and shoe sizes of each child ready to accurately fill out registration paperwork.